Search This Blog

Friday, September 2, 2016

Rest

We humans have lost the wisdom of genuinely resting and relaxing. We worry too much. We don't allow our bodies to heal and we don't allow our hearts and minds to heal.
~ Thich Nhat Hahn
- - - - -

When Leslie was in the hospital a while ago, she got tired of being in the hospital. I don't think this is uncommon for people in hospitals. Anyway, Rachel helped me out with a couple of things while we were out of town because Leslie wanted to spend time in a hospital away from where we live. 

I texted Rachel to thank her for her help. She asked how Leslie was. I shared that Leslie was - as previously mentioned in this blog post - tired of being in the hospital. To be honest, I don't know why Leslie chose a hospital for this little vacation for us, but she did. I would have rather gone to the beach.

Anyway, Rachel suggested I write haikus to cheer her up. Rachel suggested that because Rachel is brilliant. With her suggestion in mind, I wrote the following:

"Advice for the Next Time You Need a Break Sans Gall Bladder"

Need some rest? Instead
Of the hospital - next time
Let's use Rachel's pool!

I texted it to Rachel and asked if she liked it. Rachel responded, "I like the length of the title."

(pause)

Rachel is brilliant, but she doesn't exactly know how to stoke my haiku ego.

Leslie is feeling better now. So that's the point, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment