Search This Blog

Sunday, January 29, 2017

Different

You're incredibly, absolutely, extremely, supremely, 
unbelievably different.
~ Kami Garcia
- - - - -

I changed the direction of one of these forks when Leslie was organizing things for Thanksgiving at her mom's house a few years ago. I then thought about how as an individual one can disrupt conformity. I, as an outsider to the organization of forks, made one fork different from the others. I was able to affect change in that way.

I think the same is true of how we can affect people. By sharing thoughts, facts, information, ways of thinking, ways of being - we can change someone. They become different as a result of our impact on them -- rather (and better) they become different because they were open to hearing other ideas and options.

Another thing you will notice is that there is only one spoon in this photo. It is gone now. It ran away with the dish. It wanted something different as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment