Search This Blog

Monday, January 2, 2017

Life

Life flies by and it's easy to get lost in the blur. In adolescence it's, 'How do I fit in?' In your 20s it's 'What do I want to do?' In your 30s, 'Is this what I'm meant to do?' I think the trick is living the questions. Not worrying so much about what's ahead but rather sitting int he gray area - being okay with where you are.
~ Chris Pine
- - - - -

The new year is a time of reflection about life for many people. It is a time of anticipation of what is next in life for others - what will the new year bring? Yesterday when I woke up I went to the window to see what 2017 was like. I saw a squirrel burying an acorn in our yard. I looked up what it means if you see a squirrel. I think I read on the internet (our only source for information anymore) that it can mean happiness in the near future and good luck.

I like that. I think I'll assume that is true.

Of course then I went to the refrigerator and realized that Leslie had put cocktail sauce where my bottle of Cran-Grape juice goes, so I guess that's the end of happiness. Or maybe she was trying to play a prank thinking I'd try to drink a glass of cocktail sauce. 

Either way, it didn't bring about happiness. I had to take one of the precious New Year's Day moments to move the cocktail sauce. Now I'm already behind schedule for the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment