Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 3, 2019

Attention

The measure of a man is what he does with his power.
~ Plato
- - - - -

The other day I was at lunch with Zak and Jared and Kirk. At one point Zak flexed his arms and randomly shouted, "I AM POWERFUL!!!! BWAAA HA HAAAAA!"

Kirk immediately said, "ZAK! Inside voice!" He then looked around and realized that we were sitting  on the outside patio of the restaurant. He murmured to me, "Of course, what am I gonna do if he doesn't use his inside voice? Walk over there (he pointed two feet beyond out table to the "outside" of the restaurant) and talk to him about it?

I said, "I think you should be less concerned about inside/outside voice and more concerned that you may be raising an evil villain. 

I don't think Zak is an evil villain, but combining "I am powerful" with "Bwaaa ha haaa" - well, I'd at least pay attention to the possibility. 

No comments:

Post a Comment