Search This Blog

Monday, September 30, 2019

Papa

It is a wise father than knows his own child.
~ William Shakespeare
- - - - -

When I was visiting Maine, it was Zak's first day of school. He didn't hesitate to go. He was excited and glad he got to play with the toys at school. I think he liked the teachers and friends, but he was so focused on DOING when I saw him that he didn't spend much time interacting with anyone.

When we went to pick him up, he ran up to Kirk and said,  "Papa, I missed you SO MUCH!" It was one of the sweetest things I've ever seen / heard.

By the time we were home and he hadn't gotten to listen to "Get Down" from the musical "Six" more than once or twice, I think he realized that maybe he didn't miss Papa as much as he first thought.

It's hard being a kid - even when you have a pretty awesome Papa.

No comments:

Post a Comment