Search This Blog

Friday, September 20, 2019

Hiding

Your need for acceptance can make you invisible in this world. Don't let anything stand in the way of the light that shines... Risk being seen in all of your glory.
~ Jim Carrey
- - - - -

Leslie and I went for a hike one time. We came to a bridge and she stopped and said, "Look!" I stopped and looked and saw this little guy. I don't know how she saw it, but I was glad she did. It changed colors as we looked at it to blend in with the bridge.

I thought, "How sad that it can't just be whatever color it wants. It is trying to be invisible and not letting itself be seen in all it's glory."

Suddenly, it turned bright green! It's as if it heard my thoughts. As soon as it was completely green a hawk swooped down and ate it. Or I assume the hawk ate it. It carried off the little lizard.

(pause)

Okay, so the only part of that story that is true is the part about Leslie seeing the lizard and us watching it blend in.

The moral of this fable is: Be yourself, but don't be stupid and obnoxious about it. 

("Who is to say what is stupid and obnoxious," you ask? Me.)

No comments:

Post a Comment