Search This Blog

Monday, September 2, 2019

#facultysocks

"One can never have enough socks," said Dumbledore.
~ K. J. Rowling
- - - - -

A week ago, Dr. Jaekel posted the first faculty socks photo I had ever seen. I shared the photo above with Dr. Jaekel privately and then posted the photo to Instagram. These were the socks I had been wearing that same day.  Then Dr. Hernandez posted a follow up photo labeled #facultysocks. So there are at least three of us who are simultaneously faculty-ing and being intentional about our sock-ing.

I never knew until this happened how uplifting it can be to have people appreciate your socks. And how socks can connect us across the country. I mean, I imagine a rope of socks could also connect us across the country, but that would seem to waste a lot of socks.

My point is - thanks my #facultysocks friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment