Search This Blog

Saturday, September 14, 2019

Beauty

Nature doth thus kindly heal every wound. By the meditation of a thousand little mosses and fungi, the most unsightly objects become radiant of beauty. There seem to be two sides of this world, presented us at different times, as we see things in growth or dissolution, in life or death. And seen with the eye of the poet, as God sees them, all things are alive and beautiful.
~ Henry David Thoreau
- - - - - 

In the past decade or so, I have developed a fascination with fungi. I don't know if it is where I gone and happened to see so many different kinds - especially since my move to South Carolina. Or it could be that I have slowed down and paid more attention to things as I walk.

I think fungi are interesting. They really are a symbol of the living springing from the dead. 

Also, if I found out that the toadstools in my backyard are growing because there are dead bodies buried there, I would completely grossed out and not able to see the beauty in that.

Seriously, I try to be positive and appreciate things in the world, but I have my limits.

No comments:

Post a Comment