Search This Blog

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Bridges


But which is the stone that supports the bridge?
~ Kublai Khan
- - - - -

My friend Brad is always out wandering around.  Wandering around is something I also enjoy.  Not long ago he texted me about the opening of this bridge - The High Trestle Bridge.  I went and saw it.  It is very impressive.  I want to go back again at night because it has lights and I am guessing that it looks pretty spectacular at night.

The cynical part of me (perhaps related to my judicial career, perhaps related to being cynical) wanted to go see it right away before it got all vandalized.  It's not that I don't have faith in my fellow human beings.  I have complete faith in them.  Faith that they will, one day, paint graffiti on this bridge.

1 comment:

  1. This bridge is so pretty! IT would be nice to pass over and an evening bike ride. Is it in Ames?

    ReplyDelete