Search This Blog

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Libraries

At the moment that we persuade a child, any child, 
to cross that threshold, that magic threshold into a library, 
we change their lives forever, for the better.
~ Barack Obama
- - - - -

I was recently at a conference where I found myself talking with three librarians and a nursing instructor.  The nursing instructor looked around the group and said, "How come all the librarians get to come to this conference?"

I replied, "Because they keep the books!"

The nursing person looked confused and the librarians all looked like that might not have been the first time they heard such a joke.

I, on the other hand, laughed heartily and was reminded that often humor is just for the self.  Well, for librarians, I guess humor is for the shelf.

No comments:

Post a Comment