Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Books

Don't join the book burners. Don't think you're going to conceal faults by concealing evidence that they ever existed. Don't be afraid to go in your library and read every book...
~ Dwight D. Eisenhower
- - - - -
I don't believe in burning books.  I do remember, though, being a small child and seeing a scary book at my aunt and uncle's house and being so freaked out by it that my aunt threw it in the burning barrel and burned it.  I have to say I did sleep better when I spent the night there with my cousin knowing that the creepy, Goodnight Moon book was gone.

2 comments:

  1. goodnight moon is a little bit creepy, but i wouldn't say burnable...but don't get me started on that awful love you forever book....

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should try "goodnight goon" -- didn't you know there were sequels? Also try "goodnight bush," for a laugh or for overwhelming feelings of relief, your choice. -Vickie

    ReplyDelete