Search This Blog

Saturday, November 12, 2011

Work


The trouble with retirement is that you never get a day off.
~ Abe Lemons
- - - - -

After a discussion about hard work and having a good work ethic and the satisfaction of a job well done, Maddie said, "That's why I'm not gonna work.  I'm gonna be a plastic surgeon.  Then I can do - like - 20 surgeries and retire."

Concerns I have with this plan:

1. I think there is some work required in becoming a plastic surgeon.  I have not been one, but I think there are some things you have to do that are at the very least "work-like" in order to become a plastic surgeon.

2. What the heck kind of surgeries is she doing and for whom that she only has to do 20 of them?

3.  I hope when she is a retired plastic surgeon she doesn't spend her days of leisure lying around on the floor with her cat.

4.  If she does lie around with her cat, I really hope it's just one cat and she doesn't become "Crazy Cat Plastic Surgeon Lady."

5.  "Crazy Cat Plastic Surgeon Lady" might be a good name for a super-villain.  Though it might be confusing and people might think she did plastic surgeries on cats.  I guess that could be the case since she'd be a super-villain.  That seems like a villainous thing to do.

6.  The point behind this blog is pretty much lost by now.

No comments:

Post a Comment