Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Band

We're not a political band. We don't want to tell people what to do or what to think. We just want to tell them to think.
~ Billie Joe Armstrong

- - - - -

Me:  Elizabeth, your band teacher contacted me today about you dropping band.

E:  Oh.  Um...  what did she say?

Me:  She wanted to know why you were dropping band since your grades are so high.

E:  In band?!  I don't know how my grades are high in band!

Me:  I think she meant that your grades in other classes are high so you have time for band.

E:  Oh.  What did you say?

Me:  I said that your classwork was getting more challenging and that you are going to be taking on a lot of spring activities and you won't have as much time after school to finish your homework, so you need more time in school.

E:  Oh.

Me:  And I said that band is not your passion.

E:  That's the truth!!  I hate it!

Me:  Why?

E:  Because who wants to sit around and blow through a pipe all the time!

Me:  You're the one who chose your instrument.

E:  I know.  I wish I had chosen the trumpet.  Or the flute.

Me:  I think you should have chosen the drums.

E:  Oh, seriously!  Yes!  They just get to stand around.  And I just have sit next to Bella and Trenton.  And if I had played the drums I'd walk around and beat on things all the time.

Me:  You kind of already do that.

E:  I know!  (and bangs the table like bongos)

No comments:

Post a Comment