Search This Blog

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Mud

Life is made up of marble and mud.
~ Nathaniel Hawthorne

- - - - -

So the other day I was out walking and I saw this almost dried up river bed with all these rocks in it.  Except they weren't rocks.  They were little frogs.  I probably spent two hours watching them and taking photos of them.  Thus the number of frog blogs I have and will compose.

What was really interesting to me, though was how they emerged from the mud, blinked and then just sat there and watched what was going on around.  Sometimes they moved.  Sometimes tadpoles moved around them.  It was just really fascinating.  I've never seen anything like it.

Unless you count when my family used to hide in the mud bogs behind our house to stay away from the space aliens.  That was kind of the same.  Especially since we were wearing our frog costumes.  

No comments:

Post a Comment