Search This Blog

Friday, January 27, 2012

Story

A story to me means a plot where there is some surprise. 
Because that is how life is - full of surprises.
~ Isaac Bashevis Singer

- - - - -

A text exchange.

Kirk: Just sat down to see Obama.

Me:  Michelle?

Kirk:  I totally read that & thought...  yes, I know who you are.  Then I got it.  No, her husband.

Me:  You had to sit down to see him?  How short is he?

Kirk:  Like Tom Cruise short.

Me:  Wow.  Call him pipsqueak.  Then write me from jail and tell me what happens.

Kirk:  Is that just so you have material for your blog?  Cause it seems like a crappy idea.

Me:  Maybe.  Actually, I was thinking I could just blog the texts we're writing, but if you actually do call the president a pipsqueak, it would be a more engaging blog...

Kirk:  Would I have internet in jail?  I really feel like this is a lose-lose situation for me.

Me:  When did you get so cynical?

Kirk:  When my sister tried to send me to jail in order to increase her literary fan base...  also known as like 7 minutes ago.  Before that I was a bundle of positive energy. Now' I'm dead on the inside.

Me:  Oh.  Well, the way you wrote that, you make it sound like it's all MY fault.

Kirk:  I am a fiendish crafter of language.

Me:  Yes.  And you probably use glitter in that crafting, too.  I don't like glitter, Kirk.  Although if there was a doll called "Glitter Kirk," I would buy it for you.  My guess on the doll's backstory is that he and his friends "Pipecleaner Pete" and "Ms. Googly Eyes" go around the world helping people make crafts and helping them linguistically.  Interestingly enough, Pipecleaner Pete - the linguist - also loves linguini.

Kirk:  I feel like it's a claymation...  or more appropriately...  CRAFTMATION show that teaches the values of grammar, art history, friendship, and FUN!

Me:  yes.  And frequently Glitter Kirk ends up in jail.  Seriously, that guy just can't keep his mouth shut!  He's always saying the wrong thing at the wrong time.

Kirk:  I don't want to spoil the hyjinx, but I will mention that Pipecleaner Pete is bendy and can pick locks!

Me:  How do you think Glitter Kirk gets out of jail every week?

Kirk:  By believing in the power of crafts and friendship!

Me:  Yes.  That is it.  Sigh...  Oh Glitter Kirk, you are so naive.

No comments:

Post a Comment