Search This Blog

Sunday, November 25, 2012

Light

There is not enough darkness in all the world to put out the light of even one small candle.
~ Robert Alden
- - - - -

The commercials for Light Brights when I was a kid included the following lines, "Light Bright making things with liiiiight.  What a sight making things with Light Bright."  Wait.  That isn't even right.  It was LITE Bright, wasn't it?  (wait here.  I'll check)

I'm back and for Pete's sake it WAS LITE.  Even worse it was LITE BRITE.  Why do companies do that?  Does it really sell more of the product to spell the words incorrectly?

Well, I guess it worked at my house because my parents brought one.  However, as I am confident I have mentioned, my parents also took away the chemistry kit that came with my microscope when I was a child.  Clearly, they were trying to hold me back academically - in spelling and chemistry. 

Shame on them.  For the record, I am a pretty good speller.  (pause)  They did successfully stifle my chemistry progenacity, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment