Search This Blog

Monday, November 19, 2012

Work

If you want something said, ask a man... 
If you want something done, ask a woman.
~ Margaret Thatcher
- - - - -

Leslie said that she was sure she wouldn't run for president and then she said that was probably a good thing.  She said she wouldn't want to be the president.  

It does seem to take a certain kind of person to want that job.  I'm not going to comment on what kind of person it takes to do that job well because that is highly subjective - and maybe irrelevant to who wants the job.  I just think you have to have a certain sense of identity and ambition and competitiveness and passion...  To be honest a mix of both good and less admirable characteristics.

I just agreed with Leslie and said I probably wouldn't be a strong political asset.  "I'd probably trip over things and spill stuff and blog a lot, and none of that would necessarily help your administration."

1 comment: