Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Mundane

Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life.
~ Pablo Picasso
- - - - -

I think it is a good idea to make the mundane special.  Like taking a bunch of leaves and making hearts out of them and leaving them on someone's garbage can lid.  I think that it would make taking the garbage out a little less dreary if there was a nice little surprise waiting.  I think it is important to brighten someone's day - even in little ways.  Showing you are thinking of them is important.  And generous.  And kind.

And when the police tell you you have violated a no-trespass order, I think you should just explain why you were loitering around someone's trash can.  And I think - if you find a way to make them understand why it's okay for you to be there - you should let me know.  Because I just can't get through to them sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment