Search This Blog

Friday, March 10, 2017

Crafts

We are all apprentices in a craft where no one ever becomes a master.
~ Ernest Hemingway
- - - - -

Leslie always jokes that she would be awful doing the arts and crafts portion of vacation bible school. Why she is ALWAYS talking about vacation bible school, I don't know. 

My mom was the boss of vacation bible school at our church a few summers. She was good at it, I think. I vaguely remember them always recognizing her and giving her some kind of gift as a thank you. I think it was always a cross. 

Anyway, I disagree with Leslie. I think she would be good at arts and crafts. As long as it was arts and craft beers. Or if she wasn't good at it, after a while she wouldn't care. 

Also, one day she could have a big bowl of mac and cheese and if the kids tried to get it, she could say, "HEY! LEAVE THAT ALONE YOU KIDS!!  THAT'S THE KRAFT MACARONI AND CHEESE!"

Although, I think yelling at them like that is wrong. She should at least learn their names and not call them "you kids."

Also, another day she could give them options and ask the kids, "You want to do which craft?" Only the kids would hear her saying, "You want to do witchcraft?" and then there could be a big scandal at the vacation bible school.

See? There are a lot of reasons I think that Leslie should do the craft portion of vacation bible school.

No comments:

Post a Comment