Search This Blog

Sunday, March 26, 2017

Roads

Roads were made for journeys, not destinations.
~ Confucius
- - - - -

I take a lot of photos of roads. I don't know that I think, "I will travel to a road today and take a photo of it," so I can't call the road my destination.

However, I have traveled places and realized when I got there that I didn't enjoy that place or it wasn't what I expected. And sometimes I even realized that I learned more on the journey there than from the place itself.

And then I realized I wasn't even in the right place and I got mad and decided I should take a course on map reading. And then I realized that I used to have map skills class in elementary school and that I wasn't always good at it, but some days I was good at it.

Then the police officer knocked on my window and said I needed to move the car out of the middle of the road.

So, while roads were not made to be destinations, you can learn a lot from them.

I bet that's why they are called "street smarts" and "roads scholars."

Learning is fun and so is knowledge.

No comments:

Post a Comment