Search This Blog

Monday, March 5, 2018

Backbone

Libraries are the backbone of our education system.
~ Karin Slaughter
- - - - -

I was listening to a podcast - Constitutional - you should listen to it. It's not as many episodes as I would have liked, but I suppose that is a compliment to the content and it is true that I enjoyed it.

Anyway, there was this Green Hat guy during prohibition that they talked about. He use to provide alcohol to the Congressmen during prohibition - as in they gave him a room and he kept the alcohol there and would run around and distribute it.

So there was this one senator who wouldn't let the Green Hat guy leave his alcohol in his office, but instead told him to leave it in a special room where he kept all his law books and legal documents and stuff. He called the Green Hat guy his "librarian" and would tell the Green Hat guy when he needed some "new reading material." I think all of that is from a series in the Washington Post that the Green Hat guy wrote.

I haven't fact checked that. A librarian would have fact checked that. A librarian also probably wouldn't break the law and distribute alcohol. The librarians I know are kind of big on rule following and stuff. I know that's a generalization. I don't know all the librarians in the world. And I don't know all the "librarians" in the world, either.

I pretty much keep to myself a lot of the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment