Search This Blog

Friday, March 2, 2018

Learning

We must merge our traditional sense of schooling with the real world. What we do in school must not insult the child's past but must build upon his past and encourage future learning.
~ Sigmund Boloz
- - - - -

I like this quote a lot. I have come to realize that some of the things I teach students already know. And some of the things I teach some students know better than I do. While I have always believed we are all educators, I also believe we are all students.

As I type this I am remembered of my elementary school days. NOT because my educational experience merged the traditional sense of schooling with the real world. NOT because my past a child went uninsulted. NOT because my past was built upon. NOT because that experience encouraged my future learning.

I mean, some of that stuff happened sometimes. But what I am reminded of is how I got the super student award one time. (pause) I think just one time. And one of the special things we could as super student was to clean up in the lunch room.

I think my parents sent me to school. Maybe they sent me to work and just called it school.

Anyway, I got that super student award one time.

No comments:

Post a Comment