Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Market

I will say my days are spent solitary and somewhat lost in thought, and every single time I inadvertently wear my shirt inside out in public, I bump into my sister-in-law at the grocery store.
~ Douglas Coupland
- - - - -

When Leslie goes out of town, I sometimes have to force myself to go out and interact with the world. I mean if it's the weekend. If it's during the week, I just go to work and interact there.

However, I don't always like to interact with the world. Like the other day when I went to the grocery store and Lowe's. I needed some screws and bolts from Lowe's and some groceries from the grocery store. That's what I buy at the grocery store mostly.

While at the grocery store I ended up behind a slow couple (not old, just meandering along) who took up the entire aisle. I finally got ahead of them and skipped some aisles so I wouldn't be behind them. Then somehow they got in front of me again. Then when I went to the car they were parked next to me.

I got my stuff into my car first. When I went to get into my car I closed the door really slowly so the husband had to wait to get into his car.

I think they learned a really valuable lesson from that.

No comments:

Post a Comment