Search This Blog

Friday, July 27, 2018

Roadtrip

Bizarre travel plans are dancing lessons from God.
~ Kurt Vonnegut
- - - - -

Leslie and I have different ways of planning travel. She likes to plan travel. I like to just travel. I don't mind detours and setbacks. I don't like sitting in traffic sometimes, but other than that I am mostly pretty flexible if we aren't on a timeline.

When Kirk and Jared said they were roadtripping to Los Angeles by way of South Carolina with a dog and a small child, I thought that was unwise. However, Jared is a planner like Leslie. It looked from the photos as if everything went well on the trip there and on the trip home. 

Unless they chose not to post photos of them screaming at each other or Zak having a meltdown... No. I'm sure that just wasn't the case and everything was fine and happy.

Now if Leslie and Jared went on a roadtrip by themselves, as long as they agreed with the plan I think they would have a wonderful time.

If Kirk and I went on a roadtrip by ourselves, we might not get to our destination, but that would be okay because I don't think we'd probably really have decided on a specific destination, anyway.

And if Zak and Vegas went on a roadtrip by themselves, they wouldn't get far because neither of them know how to drive.

No comments:

Post a Comment