Search This Blog

Friday, July 13, 2018

Travel

People travel to faraway places to watch, in fascination, the kind of people they ignore at home.
~ Dagobert D. Runes
- - - - -

Today is Friday the 13th. I love Friday the 13th. 

Today I am actually NOT traveling. I traveled yesterday from Maine to South Carolina. I am home today. I will be traveling again soon. To Canada. Forever.

Not really, but sometimes I think I'd like to go to a faraway place to ignore the kind of people I watch with fascination at home. No. Not fascination. I meant fascism.  I'd like to go to a faraway place to ignore the kind of fascism I see at home.

I guess that the word fascism comes from fasces (which sounds and looks like feces). It means a bundle - a bundle of rods containing an axe. Sort of like tools.

I guess you could say that fascists are a bunch of tools that look like crap and sound like crap. 

Anyway, traveling is fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment