Search This Blog

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Change



First one must change. I first watch myself, check myself, then expect changes from others.
~ HH the 14th Dalai Lama
-----
I love autumn. Today was the first day it was really cool out. It was actually cold when I woke up this morning. I always sleep better when it's cool out.
I think I like autumn because it is the beginning of the end. It is when I like to reflect and consider what I have accomplished and what things I have left undone in my personal life.
I also like the end of the academic year in the spring/summer. That is when I think about what I have accomplished in my work since it is the end of another year of school.
I like endings. Endings get you excited for the next beginnings -- the end of a good book in a series (if there is another book to come), the end of a vacation (so long as there is a next vacation ready to be taken), the end of the day.
I don't understand people who like beginnings. All the work is still to be done and none of the lessons have been learned. I like to work with people who like beginnings, though. I can usually give them a lot of stuff to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment