Search This Blog

Sunday, August 23, 2009

Waiting


Hope begins in the dark, the stubborn hope that if you just show up and try to do the right thing, the dawn will come. You wait and watch and work; you don’t give up.
~ Anne Lamott.


I have some things I need to do. I am glad I did not do them when they first presented themselves. That would not have been the most productive approach. Instead, waiting is what was appropriate.

I once heard from someone that ultimately we all either decide to help others succeed or wait for them to fail. I think I have been called to help someone succeed in the weeks to come.

A mentor recently told me it is crucial to identify the gifts in others and help them to use those gifts. That is what I need to do now. It may not be comfortable because sometimes that means identifying things that are NOT gifts in the process.

I could just sit back and grow bitter(er?) and watch things either explode or implode. I do not think I'll choose to do that. At least not yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment