Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Conversation at my House



I do not understand a lot of the things that are said in my house. An example from this evening is Elizabeth telling a story about an incident that happened when she and Maddie were playing this afternoon.

"I go running after Maddie to get the Abraham Lincoln card so I can pick my colors of play dough and Madie goes flying over the red chair and hit her head on the lamp and falls on the floor."

Nothing in that sentence makes sense to me. But I kind of like it that way.




It was followed up by this bit of wisdom and sisterly concern:

Elizabeth: Play dough hurts when it hits you hard in the eye. I convinced Maddie it hit my eye in when she threw it at me.

Maddie: No, I was just going along with it 'cause you were crying.

No comments:

Post a Comment