Search This Blog

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Poe

I became insane with long intervals of horrible sanity.
~ Edgar Allan Poe

-----

I was recently in Baltimore and discovered that the grave of Edgar Allan Poe was only a few blocks from our hotel. I set out to find it. After a detour to a part of Baltimore that did not look like the part where there would be a cemetery, I found the place.

In reflecting on this adventure, I realized that Edgar Allan Poe has the same initials as our Employee Assistance Program. What is EAP, you ask? It is a program which provides assistance to employees. I should think you would have been able to figure that out on your own.





On a very loosely related note, thanks to Dr. Terry Mason in the Student Counseling Center who provided me suggestions on sights to see while in Baltimore. As a small gratitude, let me offer the following EAP quote of which I am guessing Dr. Mason might be very fond, "Of puns it has been said that those who most dislike them are those who are least able to utter them."

No comments:

Post a Comment