Search This Blog

Saturday, June 5, 2010

Street

At any street corner the feeling of absurdity can strike any man in the face.
~ Albert Camus

-----

I was driving through part of Ames today. The streets there are all named for authors. I thought to myself, "Would I buy a house on a street named for an author I didn't like?" We also have a part of town where the streets are named after states. Right now, I wouldn't be interested in living on Arizona Street (or Avenue or whatever it is). We also have an area of streets named after presidents. Our house is on Hayes.

Rutherford B. Hayes is one of only two presidents with the first name of Rutherford. Based on my research, I think he was an okay guy. I am okay living on this street.

I wouldn't want to live NEAR Sesame Street, though. People would always be stopping me when I was mowing the lawn or washing the car to say, "Can you tell me how to get -- how to get to Sesame Street?" And I'm way too busy for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment