Search This Blog

Monday, June 21, 2010

Reaction

Everything is a reaction.
~ Robyn Hitchcock

-----

It may have been mentioned before, but Maddie has the best reactions of anyone when it comes to receiving gifts. In the photo above, she is having one of those amazing reactions and it's not even for a gift for HER. It's a gift for Elizabeth.

Elizabeth, on the other hand, is not so great at receiving gifts. On Sunday I gave her an early birthday present. Because we will be driving on her birthday (to Ohio so they can spend a couple of weeks with their dad), I thought it would be nice to give her an iTunes card. That way she can download some music or shows or games or whatever before the trip. Her reaction when she got the iTunes? "What is THIS for?!" I explained my thought process. She said, "Okay, I guess." I said she didn't have to have it if she didn't want it. She said, "No, I wanted this." I don't understand her.

It was, however, a nicer reaction than when -- a couple of Christmases ago -- she opened a package from her grandmother and said, "What?! Do I look like I NEED socks?!"

No comments:

Post a Comment