Search This Blog

Saturday, June 5, 2010

Treasure

It is by going down into the abyss that we recover the treasures of life.
Where you stumble, there lies your treasure.
~ Joseph Campbell

-----

The treasure above is something I got out of a candy from some other country. Julie gave it to me. I don't remember what anyone else got, but no one else got a toaster man who toasts bread out of his own self.

And, really, don't we all toast our own bread out of ourselves? I think we do. I think we put the bread of knowledge in our heads and pull out something different. Mainly because so many of us have bad memories or we choose to disfigure knowledge to suit our own purposes.

That is what this toy means to me and why I've kept it for so long. Because toast is knowledge.

No comments:

Post a Comment