Search This Blog

Saturday, August 14, 2010

Events

Time is a sort of river of passing events, and strong is its current; no sooner is a thing brought to sight than it is swept by and another takes its place, and this too will be swept away.
~ Marcus Aurelius
-----

So, I've been seeing some of the aerial flood footage. If I didn't live in Ames, I'd think that Ames was totally destroyed. Elizabeth was at her grandparents and was very worried that all the grocery stores were washed away. Chris reassured her that all the stores except for a couple on Duff Avenue were open.

I think this represents problems in general. If you look at problems as a giant mass of issues, they seem so webbed together that you can't possibly address them. But if you break problems down into manageable pieces, you can get through a lot of them.

I am going to start with the problem of not enough people complimenting me. I think I can make some real progress on that one and then move on to bigger ones. Like people not giving me lots of money.

No comments:

Post a Comment