Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Quiet

The monotony and solitude of a quiet life stimulates a creative mind.
~ Albert Einstein
-----

A few years ago Chris, Elizabeth and I were driving down the street. We drove past one of the video rental places with a poster of the latest Harry Potter movie in the window, Elizabeth said very quietly, "I want that Harry Potter poster."

She then asked in a louder voice, "Mom, can I say, 'I want that Harry Potter poster?'" Chris said she could.

She said loudly, "I want that Harry Potter poster."

She wasn't really asking us to get it for her or for us to stop so she could see if it was for sale. However, it seemed important to her that the words hit the air in order to be real. And to hit the air loudly to become maybe even more real.

For the record, she never did get that Harry Potter poster.

No comments:

Post a Comment