Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Upbringing

A good upbringing means not that you won't spill sauce on the tablecloth, but that you won't notice it when someone else does.
~ Anton Chekov
- - - - -

Father to son (walking through Memorial Union food court):  I'm sorry to see I raised you all wrong.

I really hope this was a joke.  If it was, it was very funny and a line I think everyone should use.  If, however, it was a serious comment (it didn't seem to be, but maybe), then I hope the kid writes an amazing memoir that gets made into a film and that the kid makes a bunch of money.  Then the dad can be happy that he raised his kid all wrong because look - the kid is rich now!

Oh, and sorry about your portrayal in the movie by Christopher Walken, Dad.

(Incidentally, I couldn't remember Christopher Walken's name, so I typed "creepy actor" into Google and got the following results:  Steve Buscemi, Willem Dafoe and Christopher Walken.  Thanks, Google!)

No comments:

Post a Comment