Search This Blog

Thursday, April 7, 2016

Batman


You don't get heaven or hell.  Do you know the only reward you get for being Batman?  You get to be Batman.
~ Neil Gaiman
- - - - -

Leslie sent me a video with a little kid arguing with his dad about Batman.  His dad kept calling himself Batman.  Then the kid would say, "You're Robin.  I'M Batman."  It went back and forth for a while and then the dad finally gave in.

Well, I wrote back to Leslie and said that the kid wasn't Batman that I am the one who is Batman.  I said it very directly and firmly.  I think I used an f-bomb and exclamation points.

I talked to Leslie later about it and she told me that I had actually typed, "I am Barman."

I am a Batman who doesn't conform to your standard notions of Batman.  On so many levels...

No comments:

Post a Comment