Search This Blog

Sunday, April 24, 2016

Ham

He that but looketh on a plate of ham and eggs to lust after it hath already committed breakfast with it in his heart.
~ C. S. Lewis
- - - - -

I love my friend Sally.  She has helped me a lot and challenged me a lot and shown me that life away from work matters more than life at work, but that also doing a good job is important.  She has shown me that it is best never to disagree with her on the big things and if you disagree with her on the small things then shut up and keep it to yourself.

All that said, the reason I am writing this post about Sally with this picture is because I had this photo in draft mode and it was titled "ham."  The next blog in draft mode - the one right under it for several months until I figure out what to do with it - was titled, "balls."  And Sally loves ham balls.  And I do, too.  

And they are not pig testicles.  I mean, I guess you could call pig testicles "ham balls" but that isn't what I'm talking about.

My point is, it's good to have lots of different people in your world to teach you things.  And it would be smart to find out what exactly kind of "ham ball" you are eating before you start eating it.  Actually, it's probably good to find out what you're eating before you eat it all the time.

There are a LOT of life lessons in this blog.  

You're welcome.

Upon rereading this draft, I realize that having a blog draft titled "balls" could be rather provocative.  So, consider yourselves provoked.

Also, "balls" would not be a bad birthday blog title for a Sally post, either.

No comments:

Post a Comment