Search This Blog

Saturday, May 13, 2017

Food

A cucumber should be well sliced, and dressed with pepper and vinegar, and then thrown out as good for nothing.
~ Samuel Johnson
- - - - -

I like to find quotes that go with photos that go with stories. 

Sometimes I don't have a photo to match the story or the quote.

This is one of those times. Here is the story:

I was typing to my friend and she said her daughter is full of "piss and vinegar" and she thinks her daughter gets it from her grandmother.

I said, "I heard piss and vinegar skips a generation."

Now that I am typing it here, I realized that if it was my friend's grandmother, then it would actually have had to have skipped TWO generations. That makes my funny point slightly less funny. Or somewhat more pathetically funny. 

Anyway...

The response I got was, "I do have a sister who is ornery."

I went to write, "Maybe she is half full of piss OR vinegar." 

I then accidentally started to type "pus and vinegar."

Now I feel yucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment