Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Coloring

Life is about using the whole box of crayons.
~ Ru Paul
- - - - -

When I was in kindergarten, I was coloring a picture. Somehow I think it was a picture of a rocking chair. That seems like a weird picture for kindergarteners to color, but what do I know? My degree isn't in curriculum and instruction.

Anyway, I liked bold colors. I used to push down really hard so the colors were bolder and brighter. 

One time - I think this rocking chair time - my kindergarten teacher came by and picked up my picture and said, "Look class," I thought she was going to tell everyone what a good job I did. She continued, "This is NOT the way you should be coloring. You'll break your crayons."

I said, "Look class," and pointed at my kindergarten teacher. "This is NOT the way you should teach kindergarteners. You'll break their spirit."

(pause)

I didn't really say that last part. But I do blame that teacher for my failure to be a famous artist. And also for developing my resilience. 

And guess who doesn't get to boss me around about my coloring now? That's right - Miss Sassaman. I guess I showed her.

No comments:

Post a Comment