Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 10, 2017

View

May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds.
~ Edward Abbey
- - - - -

Recently Leslie and I visited the Blue Mountains. This was our view (until it got cloudy. Or dark. It was harder to see this view in the dark). I spent part of the day we were there writing. I realized that a view while working is a good thing. 

"Why?" you ask. I find you ask me that a lot.

Anyway, for me it gives me a chance to look up and see something beautiful. If I am struggling with writing or getting ready for class or some other project, I can look out and see that I am small (thus my problems are smaller). It is a moment to relax and breathe and appreciate the world around me.

Plus I think, "If I can just finish this work I can go out and play!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment