Search This Blog

Monday, October 5, 2009

Toothpaste


Anytime you see a turtle up on top of a fence post,
you know he had some help.
~ Alex Haley
-----
I had a turtle once - for about 3 weeks. Maybe only two weeks. His name was Jocko. He entered some competition -- the first turtle out of the circle won, or something like that. I don't think I realized when I guessed a winner that one of the prizes was the turtle itself.
I was not prepared to care for a turtle. I don't even know what kind of turtle Jocko was. I ended up giving him to an elementary school.
I had a mouse - Speck - for a few months, too. I also ended up donating him to an elementary school. I imagine that says something about me.
But I never gave away a pet I actually intended to get. Like I said, I didnt' realize I was going to have Jocko to keep and Speck was a gift from my college roommate. Not sure why she gave me that.
I'm also not sure why she cut up raisins and put them in my toothpaste. I ended up calling Crest or whoever it was to report the problem.
Toothpaste Operator: What is the issue?
Me: I have something in my toothpaste.
Toothpaste Operator: Like what?
Me: Well, it kind of looks like cut up raisins, but it can't be that.
The next day when I found rehydrated raisins in my shampoo, I knew I had been targeted. My roommate confessed. It was a pretty good joke.
Crest sent me a coupon for a new tube of toothpaste. It came with an envelope in which I returned the partially used, raisinized tube. This is how I imagine that played out...
Toothpaste Scientist 1: What did she say when she called?
Toothpaste Scientist 2: She said, "It looks like raisins, but it can't be that."
Toothpaste Scientist 1: Well, it IS cut up raisins.
Toothpaste Scientist 2: Stupid college students!

No comments:

Post a Comment