Search This Blog

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Quarantine



Human behavior is incredibly pliable, plastic.

~ Philip Zimbardo

-----

In the movies when they have to quarantine someone or extract some sort of toxin or alien and they have all that plastic up... well, that must take a really long time to do. It took me a while just to get it on our appliances before I started sanding.


My favorite quarantine quote is one from a student regarding H1N1. She walked up to our front desk and said, "I have H1N1 and the doctors said I should be quarantined. What do I need to do about my classes?"


I don't know what the exact response she got was, but I would like to think that I would have said, "Before you do anything else, you need to go away from here and look up what the word quarantine means."

No comments:

Post a Comment