Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Travel


I stayed in a really old hotel last night.
They sent me a wake-up letter.
~ Steven Wright
-----
I like the idea that interesting people have stayed in the hotel rooms where I have stayed. I do not, however, like the idea that they have slept in the hotel room beds where I am going to be sleeping.
-----
Last spring break, Chris and I went to the Gulf Coast and stayed in a motel... I forget which one -- Quality Inn, maybe? We went to check in and the manager guy said it wasn't a Quality Inn. Chris pointed at the giant neon sign and he said, "Well, it's going to be a Quality Inn, but it isn't, yet."
Then we got to the room and there weren't sheets. He wouldn't give sheets to Chris, but brought some up. Except then he started to put the blanket on the bed first. When Chris said, we could take care of it, he left. Then we realized that we had about 18 pillow cases and no fitted sheet.
We finally got what we needed. When we left the next morning, we stopped by for the "complimentary breakfast" which consisted of an apple and toast and orange juice. Except the woman in the dining area told us she thought the orange juice was spoiled.
We stayed in a different place the next night.

No comments:

Post a Comment