Search This Blog

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Sandpaper


Although the wind
blows terribly here,
the moonlight also
leaks through the holes
in the roof
of this ruined house.
~ Shibiku
-----
I have not blogged for several days because we have been refinishing the cabinets in our kitchen. Above you see a striking photo I took of the sandpaper we used. Fortunately, we also had a power sander or I don't know if the job would ever get done.
I wonder why the company chose the name "Gator Power" for its sanding products. I do not think of alligators when I think of sandpaper. I guess they are tough, but in my mind they lack the patience to engage in any sort of project that would involve sanding. I think a better name would be "Tortoise Persistence" or "Snail Sanding Supplies." That is how I felt when we were doing this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment