Search This Blog

Friday, October 16, 2009

Greetings


In my photographs it is apparent that there was no posing at the moment I released the shutter.
~ Jerzy Kosinski
-----
This photo reminds me of one of the cards you get in a box of "100 Greeting Cards." On the inside it would say something like one of the following:
* "Happy birthday to grandma's little princess."
* "Thinking of you."
* "Congratulations on your new home!"
* "I hope the bullies at school don't beat you up today, champ!"
* "Thanks for being such a great teacher."
* "Get well soon!"
* "Happy middle school graduation!"
* "When we're apart I miss you. Are you going to come home again?"
* "It makes me sad when mommy and daddy fight."
* "It's not me it's you. We're over."

It also reminds me of one of the cards that never gets sent to anyone and then you lose the envelopes, but you keep the cards in a drawer for a few years before you finally decide to throw them away and then the next week you have the perfect occasion for the card, but it's at the dump by then.

No comments:

Post a Comment