Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

07/06

I'm glad that you were born because I like being friends with you.

~ Ryan Evely Gildersleeve



July 6th was my birthday. One of the things I wanted for my birthday was a new bag for my markers. The batman pencil case I had been using was too small and I broke one of the zippers. I got two bags for my markers. I am very lucky.


I also facilitated an ongoing Facebook activity to see how many of my "friends" would wish me a happy birthday. Nearly all the important ones did.


A great compliment I received was that Mac Stricklen planned on stealing from my blog to celebrate the holiday. That is a credit to his excellent taste (if not judgment - self-reporting plagiarism to a judicial officer?!).


I share my birthday with the Dalai Lama. He and I both celebrated the art of happiness. I'm guessing we did it differently, though. I celebrated mine by having ice cream and appreciating my presents and threatening my friends if they didn't write on my facebook wall. I bet he didn't do all of that because I don't think he likes ice cream.



1 comment:

  1. I'm a self reporting ex-judicial officer. And I don't think the Dalai Lama has a blog. I could be wrong though. As spiritual big-guys go, he seems more hip than some.

    ReplyDelete