Search This Blog

Friday, July 9, 2010

Housewife

To be a queen of a household is a powerful thing.
~ Jill Scott

-----

This was Elizabeth's Halloween costume a few years ago. She went as a housewife. I thought it was funny - curlers, robe, slippers. When I was growing up, my mom stayed at home and did all the things that have to happen in a home. One time the school called and asked if she wanted to be homeroom mother (I am sure there was no such thing as a homeroom father). She told the woman who called that she'd have to think about it. The woman said, "Well, I know you don't work --"

"That's right!" my mom interrupted. "I just lay around on the couch all day eating bonbons."

While that is not true, that is the kind of housewife that Elizabeth went as for Halloween.

We haven't always exercised good judgement in helping her choose a costume.



No comments:

Post a Comment