Search This Blog

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Pop

I have no aspirations of world domination through the pop charts. None at all.
~ Anne Hathaway
-----
I had two Dr. Seuss books as a kid - The Ear Book and Hop on Pop. I remember, even as a child, thinking that a book directing people to jump on their fathers was not a good book. Of course, I can't say that I know what Dr. Seuss was a doctor of, either. Probably not intestinal medicine.

And, for that matter, The Ear Book wasn't any medical guide, either - even if it seems like it might be. Whoa! After doing a little bit of research, I have come to find out that The Ear Book wasn't even written by Dr. Seuss. It was written by that world acclaimed children's author Al Perkins. It has a picture of the Cat in the Hat in the upper right hand corner of the cover, but isn't Dr. Seuss.

Damn the publishing industry for misleading me. Lying to children to get them to want / buy things? Seriously - who DOES that?!

No comments:

Post a Comment