Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Balance

Almost every wise saying has an opposite one, no less wise, to balance it.
~ George Santayana
-----

If you go to Zearing, Iowa, you can see this amazing rock /sculpture garden. Well, sort of. You can see it from the outside. At least if it's closed like it was the day that Maddie and I found it. I say found rather than discovered because it existed whether or not we had ever seen it.

I took a photo of the phone number for the place and I hope to call and schedule a time one day to go back and go through the entire thing.

Secretly, I hope to one day create my own rock and sculpture garden in my home. Not-so-secretly, I suspect this will be forbidden. If you get too carried away it can throw the whole thing off and you end up with random artwork like this (and I already have a parking meter...):


No comments:

Post a Comment