Search This Blog

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Fifty




By the time we hit fifty, we have learned our hardest lessons. We have found out that only a few things are really important. We have learned to take life seriously, but never ourselves.
~ Marie Dressler
- - - - -

Penny has a birthday today, too. Maddie is fifteen and Penny is fifty. They sound a lot alike. Maybe those ages are just two sides of a coin...

1. Fifteen - I can't wait to drive people around.
Fifty - I can't wait to drive people crazy.

2. Fifteen - I am focused on wearing what smells clean.
Fifty - I am focused on wearing what is comfortable.

3. Fifteen - what people think about me matters.
Fifty - what I think about people is all that matters.

4. Fifteen - moody.
Fifty - not moody, but why is everyone around me so stupid?!

5. Fifteen - I know everything and tell everyone that I know everything.
Fifty - I know everything, but generally keep it to myself with a knowing smile at the idiots.

6. Fifteen - impatient.
Fifty - outpatient.

7. Fifteen - I am so embarrassed by my family.
Fifty - I love embarrassing my family.

8. Fifteen - keeping up with homework is killing me.
Fifty - keeping up with housework is killing me.

9. Fifteen - Gaga.
Fifty - ABBA.

10. Fifteen - I can't wait to get a job - then I can do whatever I want.
Fifty - I can't wait to retire - then I can do whatever I want.

1 comment: